Digital Fashion Photography
Digital photography has made it possible for just about everyone to capture perfect moments in their lives easier and better than ever before. With the improvements of shutter speed, resolution, and ISO, make photography easier and more convenient for beginning and professional photographers alike to capture good images. Additionally, image editing software, like Photoshop, make it possible for anyone to be creative and produce artistic photographs.
Digital photography has become a great benefit to businesses online and offline. Digital stock photography images can purchased online for various prices depending on licensing rights. The stock image can then be processed using Photoshop, or a similar image editing program.
Nowadays, digital photography has become a boost to the fashion industry. Digital fashion photography is very different than shooting footage for TV or taking still photos with film. Digital fashion photography presents more challenges.
Ultimately, capturing every detail on the catwalk is the purpose of digital fashion photography. Fashion photography focuses on the stunning models wearing the most fancy, impressive, and extreme outfits. It’s purpose is to capture models outfit in a way that it gains acceptance in the fashion world and to gratify the fashion designer.
Fashion photography is a uncommonly detailed field. Even so, the fashion photographer needs to be creative and they have to know what’s hot each year.
Just as fashion designers, the digital fashion photographer needs to be at ease working in the high end world of beauty and glamor. Obviously, the photographer has to come up with the fashion’s best images.
Ten digital fashion photography tips
- Keep both your lens and your mind focused
- Always have your camera with you and ready to use
- Understand your objective
- Relentlessly work the opportune moment
- Envision designing an interesting and creative image
- Shoot each model at various angles and distances when possible
- Create visual contrast by using selective focus to blur parts of the image
- Organize your subject
- Emphasize interesting lines and shapes
- Create an impact on you audience by presenting an image full of good information
Three characteristics of a successful digital fashion photographer
- Use of proper lighting techniques – Employ the proper use of curtains, reflectors, flags, snoots, and other light modifiers. Avoid using bright lights if possible. Use a polarizing filter to minimize glare from shiny skin.
- Pay attention to color harmony – Use backdrops the emphasize the tint and color of the outfit being photographed. When in doubt, use gray and/or white backdrops.
- Your artistic view – Your audience may not see your images the way you do. People will tend to pay attention to the model, not the background. But the background and model need to connect to each other.